Let’s play 20 questions.
1. Real name? Misty Chatterjee.
2. Sun sign? Libra. It’s all about the balance, baby!
3. Favorite color? Fuchsia, but I can’t resist almost all shades of purple.
4. Favorite saying? My most over-used saying is probably “That is not even funny!!” And my current favorite in keeping with my mermaid fetish – I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living. I must be a mermaid!
5. What are you scared of? I am mortally afraid of all creepy crawlies, no exceptions!
6. What do you do? I am a graphic designer and wannabe calligrapher and I love paper. And color. The different textures and stock simply make me happy. And bold inks in different hues are just so fun.
7. Where did you go to school? The Art Institute of Colorado in Denver to study Graphic Design. I moved to Los Angeles after I got married. Been here ever since.
8. What do you like designing most? I adore designing invitations for special occasions and milestones, such as graduation announcements, baby showers and birth announcements, wedding invitations, holiday cards, etc.
9. What is your mission? That would have to be making every event and milestone in your life, prettier, more fun and more awesome through my design.
10. How did you figure out what you wanted to do? As a child, I doodled on everything. I loved drawing and computers. I’m amazed by technology and cool gadgets and I wanted to do something using both my favorites. Art + Computers!
11. Why do you do it? I don’t like anyone telling me what to do. I hate 9-5 work schedules. I like being free. I can honestly say I love what I do.. wake up in the morning, finish my mommy duties and drop off the kids to school, go to work, which in my case means, come back to my home office and start my play.. I mean work! 🙂
12. How would you describe your design style? Whimsical (kinda my favorite word), modern, happy, funny, sweet, rebellious, romantic, feminine, dramatic, cute.
13. Why is there a cat and a mermaid in your logo? Easy. Mermaids are, in my eyes, the perfect combination of mystery and whimsy and allure. They bring out my creative side. And I love cats. I had one for 10 years. Gofu. I miss him.
14. What would be your idea of an ideal client? Someone who loves my style and trusts me enough to give me creative freedom and knows I will come up with a kick-ass design for his/her occasion.
15. Do you have hidden talents most people don’t know about?
I am very good at loading the dishwasher to maximize its capacity while achieving perfect cleaning. Now that’s Talent!!!
16. What’s your favorite game? Pictionary. Oh, and 20 questions!!
17. Family? Kids? I have been married now for 14 years and we have 2 boys (11 and 9). Yes, I live in a VERY loud household!
18. What else do you like to do? I love dancing!! And reading. Googling random words that pop out of my head to see if they really mean something.
20. Any last words of wisdom? If life hands you lemons, try to find someone whose life gave them tequila and have a party!
Need something particular for a personal event or occasion? Let’s talk about your requirements.
Thanks for dropping by.